It’s that time again! It’s being organized through global site EatWith.com so you can see all the extra stuff there!
So what’s on the menu this time? Why, it’s a 5 course meal!
As always, I try to make true Japanese dishes that you cannot find in restaurants. I will also be making some dishes from my upcoming Japanese cookbook.
THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE MENU! This is because I am getting a fabulous Japanese veg box from NamaYasai delivered before the dinner. As it is seasonal, we will just have to wait and see what goodies arrive to make into extra dishes.
- Gomadofu: savoury sesame squares with wasabi
- Edamame, hijiki & potato salad
- Sesame mizuna greens
- Stewed soy baby aubergine
- Spicy lotus root
- Steamed daikon
- Tsukemono: mixed handmade pickles
- Extra dish
- Extra dish
- Japanese curry rice
- Takoyaki: “octopus” balls
- Traditional miso soup
- Japanese-style hand made dessert TBA; such as: ohagi, green tea cake, sesame gelato, etc
- Various Japanese teas to try: sencha, genmaicha, mugicha, etc
- Free Japanese apertif
When: Saturday, 28 June 2014, 6-9pm
Where: Finchley Central, North London, address given after donation is given
How much: £35 pre-pay donation through EatWith, a reliable way to safely book your meal.
Drinks? A Japanese apertif is included as a free taster; but please BYOB for yourself or to share.
*No donation refunds. I don’t really make anything off of this, but the money goes to planning the food, drinks, and good times! If you cannot make it, please give your spot to a friend (let me know, it’s no problem!). I hope you understand!